Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Giver ( first time read) My thoughts of this gray world

I never read this book until march 2012. My friend was recommending it since the summer of 2011 but I was too busy reading a corny young adult book called "Witch and Wizard." I thought the plot of the Giver was interesting the way my friend described but I had no interest of reading it. I was much interested in reading something bloody like Game of Thrones. That is when I picked up " A dance of cloaks."

Once I was done reading A Dance of Cloaks around my busy schedule, I decided to give The Giver a try since it was at the top one hundred of amazon top best selling novels.

So starting March 2012, I began to read this lovely thrilling book. During the first week of April i finished it and I must say I have never seen anything quite like it.

The Giver is one of the most creative stories I have ever read. Now we all know the post apocalyptic world stories are becoming cliche in way. However The Giver comes at it with a new twist. The whole idea about one person carrying the memory of how the world once was was breath taking. I was able to picture it all in my head and yet what a boring world did the main character lived in. The community live a world that human beings are not meant to live. Although it sounds like the ideal peaceful way to live it sucks in my opinion.

A world in gray with no colors, emotions and love. It is the same as being a robot. What surprised in the community is that they decided to not completely forget the world that they once live in. They decided that one person can keep the memory of how things used to be.

The ending of the story was touching as well. Jonas the main character left the community to live a life of color. it was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment