Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hunger Games Movie ( Surprisingly awesome)

So everyone kept talking about this Hunger Game book. Every where I went I continued to see this book every where. I thought it was going to be one of those cornie young adult novels that was really going to suck. Now I want to be an author for young adult but the age that I target is 16 and up. My style of writing and my taste is stories is not for 9 year olds or 12 years olds. I wan to write for teens that have already gone through the girlfriend experience and are probably already cursing(not that kids should be cursing) and have already been introduce to the some adult content (if you know what I mean). That is why The hunger games book did not get my attention.

However once I saw the movie I was stunned. I mean it was a slap on the face and I felt like eating my words. If the movie was really that bloody I don't understand why this is a book for kids. The movie had too much of a reality vibe to it like it was something that could really happen in the future. The author really dug deep into the humans animal killer instinct.

The theme of the movie was spectacular. How the government controls people and leaves them in poverty. Forcing young people to face each other in a fame of survival. The author has a sick mind with such incredible creativity. Although similar movies and book have been written  such as battle royal a japanese movie that had a similar plot to the hunger games. The idea and world in which the story took place is unique and unlike anything I have seen.

This movie was a punch in the face and it makes me want to read the book but I fear that it might ruin the next movie for me. 

2 comments:

  1. Read the book!! Read all three of the books. The movie was great. As far as books to movies go it was one of the best I've seen. But you still miss the little things. You miss much of the history between Katniss and her mother. You won't regret it.
    Jeannette
    www.walkingonbookshelves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I will read the books on my way to work and home.

      Delete