Tuesday, March 13, 2012

J.K. Rowling inspiring

She was the one who inspired me to write when I was only 11 years old. Although I did not read all her books (due to the movies). J.K. Rowling has inspired me so much. After reading the first four Harry Potter books back in 2002, 2003, 2004. I felt as if me and Harry Potter were living similar lives. I related so much to the Potter character when I was young it inspired me to write.

I started writing fantasy stories too as my escape and to one day become and author. It was for sure. Although I was a lazy little kid I still dreamed of one day writing my series of books like JK Rowling and capture the imagination of millions of kids.

After  hearing her success story now that I am an adult, JK Rowling taught me a lot about life. One of my favorite quotes that she said on the OPRAH show was "the best way to live with your self is with the truth." Being a teenager that use to lie to himself a lot I began went on a journey to discover more about my self. One who understands himself better is a happy person.

I see the way JK Rowling talks and the way she is. She is so graceful, happy and fulfilling. I said "that is the kind of person I want to be." JK Rowling never settled for less. She knew the life that she wanted to live and aim to succeed no matter how long it took. I want to walk the earth as she does with much grace and fulfillment.

So thank you JK Rowling for writing the Harry Potter books. I probably would not want to be an author if I did not picked up the book of "the boy who lived"

1 comment:

  1. I agree. She is an absolute inspiration because of the person she is, apart from her success with HP. I also loved all the books.
    Gwynneth
    http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete