Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review: The Giver


The Giver
The Giver by Lois Lowry

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I must say that this book is one of a kind. Never have I seen the idea of memories used in such a way. Not only that but it is based on a post apocalyptic world which is my kind of story. The vibe of the story is slow and enigmatic. You can almost feel the gray world that they live in as you read. Imagine a world in gray.

The dull community in which the characters live in is very interesting. I believe this theme has been used before in movies such as Equilibrium. I recommend readers to watch that movies as well if you like this book.

I dont want to continue to give a way much of the book just pick it up and read it. It is very amusing the author did a great job in illustrating the world and the story they lived in.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment